Terms of Service
The website www.FellowTechies.com (here in after 'website' or ‘FellowTechies’) is operated and owned by Varp Infotech Pvt Ltd, incorporated in Gurgaon, India under companies act (also referred to as “we” , “us” and “our”). Use of the website constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the date that the visitor first accesses and/or uses the website.
These terms of service are a contract between you and Varp Infotech Pvt Ltd. They govern your use of our sites, services, mobile apps, products, communications and content (“Services”). This Contract applies to both the registered users and the unregistered users.
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Join FellowTechies”, “Sign Up”, “Register” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services, you are agreeing to these terms of service. If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement” or “Terms of Service”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services.
When you use our Services you agree to all of these terms. Your use of our Services is also subject to our Privacy & Cookies Policy, which covers how we collect, use, share, and store your personal information.
1.2 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the website, you become a “Member”. If you have chosen not to register, you may access certain features as a “Visitor”.
We may modify this Contract, our Privacy & Cookies Policy from time to time by posting changes online. The visitor shall be responsible for reviewing regularly such information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. If you object to any changes, you may close your account. Your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these terms means that you are consenting to the updated terms.
2.1 Service Eligibility
FellowTechies is only for professional students who are either currently pursuing technical education or have completed the technical education in the courses and passing years mentioned in the registration form.
If we learn that someone who is not fulfilling the criteria using FellowTechies, we’ll terminate their account
2.2 Your Account
Members are account holders. You agree to:
- Try to choose a strong and secure password
- Keep your password secure and confidential
- Not transfer any part of your account (e.g. connections) and
the law and FellowTechies rules.You are responsible for anything that happens
through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
2.3 FellowTechies Rules
FellowTechies is a platform for users to create connections, learn from each other, participate in healthy discussions and help fellow members. Throughout all interaction with fellow members, irrespective of their opinion or disagreement, we ask our members to treat each other with respect.
Below is the list of rules for our members
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements
- Provide accurate information on your profile e.g. Real name, photo, college details
- Don’t act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner in connection with our Services, including being dishonest, abusive or discriminatory
- Don’t post inaccurate, defamatory obscene, shocking, hateful, threatening or otherwise inappropriate content or airing personal grievances or disputes
- Don’t create false identity on FellowTechies
- Don’t use or attempt to use another’s account
- Don’t threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
- We don’t allow content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity
- Don’t post copies of private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication
- Don’t use FellowTechies for spamming. Typical spamming activities include (but not limited to) sending or posting any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site”, “Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts” etc
- Don’t develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology or manual work) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services
- Don’t buy, sell, or trade in account interactions — including follows, likes, highlights, or responses
- Don’t violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license
- Don’t post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code
- Don’t post pornographic images or links, gratuitously graphic or disturbing media or anything promoting the sexual or violent exploitation of children
- Don’t post content that violates others’ privacy, including personally identifying or confidential information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other non-public information.
- Don’t create deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a group on our Services, without FellowTechies consent
- Don’t remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service
- Don’t use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages
- Don’t engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services
- Don’t override any security feature of the Services
3. Content rights & responsibilities
3.1 Your content & responsibilities
You own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant FellowTechies and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others.
In consideration for FellowTechies granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that FellowTechies may enable advertising on the Services, including in connection with the display of your content or other information. We may also use your content to promote FellowTechies, including its products and content.
You’re responsible for the content you post. This means you assume all risks related to it, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights. We can remove any content you post for any reason.
You’re welcome to post content on FellowTechies that you’ve published elsewhere, as long as you have the rights you need to do so. By posting content to FellowTechies, you represent that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other agreement you’ve made. By posting content you didn’t create to FellowTechies, you are representing that you have the right to do so. For example, you are posting a work that’s in the public domain, used under license (including a free license, such as Creative Commons) or a fair use.
You can delete any of your posts, or your account, anytime. Processing the deletion may take a little time, but we’ll do it as quickly as possible. We may keep backup copies of your deleted post our servers for up to 1 month after you delete it. You agree that we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content or information that you or others provide, except to the extent required by applicable law
3.2 Our content and service availability
We reserve all rights in FellowTechies look and feel. You may not copy or adapt any portion of our site, code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from FellowTechies unless otherwise permitted by law.
You may not do, or try to do, the following: (1) access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the systems of our technical providers; (2) access or search the Services by any means other than the currently available, published interfaces (e.g., apis) that we provide; (3) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information; or (4) interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user, host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services
The content on the website provided by FellowTechies as a service to the visitor may be used for informational purposes only.The content does not constitute, and shall not be construed as, financial, investment, taxation, career or legal advice to the visitor. Our objective is only to keep visitors better informed and help them decide for themselves. We do not accept responsibility for any decisions made by visitors on the basis of content. We shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever to the visitor or to any third party for any consequences, including without limitation financial consequences, arising from use of the content.
We may change, suspend, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the service, at any time, without notice. We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you’ve posted. You agree that we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content or information that you or others provide, except to the extent required by applicable law.
3.3 Other content, sites and apps
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our services is at your own risk. Others may offer their own products and services through FellowTechies, and we aren’t responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. We generally does not review content provided by our members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
There are some experts providing their views and advice on the website. While such experts are qualified and experienced persons chosen bona fide on the basis of their credentials, the opinions and views of such persons are entirely their own. FellowTechies does not necessarily endorse or subscribe to such opinions or views or the advice rendered by such persons.
While the opinions and/or advice rendered by the panel of experts on or through website is well researched, well-informed and bona fide, FellowTechies does not offer any assurance in regard to the accuracy, correctness or applicability of such opinions and/or advice. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any decisions made by visitors on the basis of such opinions and/or advice. FellowTechies shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever to visitors or to any third party for any consequences, including without limitation financial consequences, arising from use of such opinions and/or advice.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from our Services.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No warranty
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
To the extent allowed under law, FellowTechies and its affiliates (and those that FellowTechies works with to provide the services) (a) disclaim all implied warranties and representations (e.g. Warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, satisfactory quality, security, accuracy of data, and noninfringement); (b) do not guarantee that the services will function without interruption or errors, and (c) provide the service (including content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
4.2 Exclusion of liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
To the extent permitted under law (and unless FellowTechies has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides this contract), FellowTechies and its affiliates (and those that FellowTechies works with to provide the services) shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the services (e.g. Offensive or defamatory statements, down time or loss, use of, or changes to, your information or content).
FellowTechies does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any decisions made by visitors or users on the basis of opinions and/or advice posted on FellowTechies by anyone.
FellowTechies does not warrant that the files available through the website (for downloading or otherwise) will be free of infection or viruses, bugs or other codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. FellowTechies does not warrant that the functions contained in the material available on or comprised in the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that any such defects will be corrected by us. We do not make any representation with regard to the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the website or the server that makes it available.
The user shall be responsible for implementing sufficient procedures to satisfy the user’s requirements for safety and accuracy of data-input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the website for reconstructing any lost data.
In no event shall FellowTechies or its content providers be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential and/or incidental, including without limitation, damages arising from loss of data or information, loss of profits, business interruption, or arising from the access and/or use or inability to access and/or use content and/or any service available on the website, even if FellowTechies is advised of the possibility of such loss.
FellowTechies may change content at any time without notice. FellowTechies makes no commitment to update content.
- No Waiver If FellowTechies doesn’t exercise a particular right under these terms, that doesn’t waive it.
- Severability - If any provision of these terms is found invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, you agree that the court should try to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision and that other provisions of the terms will remain in full effect.
- Governing Law & jurisdiction The access and use of the website and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes arising herefrom shall be subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of law at Gurgaon (Haryana), India.
These Terms (including any document incorporated by reference into them) are the whole agreement between FellowTechies and you concerning the Services. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the access and use of the website must be discontinued immediately.